RESET Collection review
Hey you, PLAYER 1... I want you to ask yourself:
* Are you a gamer that has multiple systems and a collection of retro games?
* Do you have emulator apps on your Android device or Android TV?
* Do you enjoy playing those retro games as ROM backups using your favorite emulator apps?
* Do you wish you had one Android app to collect and display all of those systems and sweet retro games in a beautiful customizable UI allowing you to pick your favorite artwork, screenshots, logos, box art, and more, and be the envy of all of the kids on your block!
If you answered yes to all of those questions, then "GET READY PLAYER 1" for RESET Collection!
RESET Collection is an emulation frontend that can pull art assets and game info from an online video game database for your retro game collection that you have backed-up as ROMs on your Android device or Android TV. You can then pick which of the artwork, screenshots, and box art you want to display.
Now you can sit back, relax, and scroll through your awesome collection of retro games. Select a game to launch it with your favorite emulator installed on your device!
If you choose an emulator that isn't installed on your device, RESET Collection will take you to the Play Store page of that app. NOTE: Some apps may no longer exist on the Play Store, but will remain supported in RESET Collection for those that still user those emulators on their devices.
IMPORTANT NOTES AND TIPS FROM THE DEVELOPER:
* The game screenshots displayed in this Play Store listing are not from games intended for play with the displayed system. They're shown for promotional purposes only, as they are games with art images that are free to use.
* For best results when downloading game data and artwork from the online database, please make sure your game file names match the original game name. As a good rule, match the game name to its name on popular online video game databases and wikis.
* My goal is to keep the UI and user experience as streamlined and simple as possible, and in this pursuit I might be missing some features that you really want. As I hear from the community on these desired features, I'll make sure to add them in future RESET Collection updates.
* I'm trying my best to have all of the included emulator options tested and working perfectly! I appreciate all suggestions on missing emulators, and I thank you for your patience as I add supported emulators, as well as fixing any emulators that may not be launching perfectly.
* Supports touch screen and gamepad navigation! But some things to consider:
# To bring up the game/system menu:
- For touch, long press the system or game box art
- For gamepad, hold down the action button
# To scroll the game description:
- For touch, swipe up and down
- For gamepad, use the should buttons (L and R)
* Please visit the provided website to submit any request or issue tickets (requires you to have/sign up for a github account)